Monday, 17 February 2014

Laudo Aeqqus

I had, in all honesty, planned on writing a proper post today. I don't know what I was thinking, believing I could get something productive done on a Monday (well, I am working on a short story, but more about that another time).

So, in the absence of me summoning some inspiring or even decent words, I've decided to post some of my favourite quotes. Loving quotations is one of those things that when you find somebody who loves them too, you instantly bond together over your geekiness - no matter your age or background.



When I was about 19, I painted my bedroom brilliant white and took to the walls with a pack of assorted Sharpies; scribbling my favourite quotes onto the surface so that I could surround myself continuously with the words of great men and women. Perhaps one day, someone will think me great enough to quote me. Until then, I'll continue to have a piece of my soul touched by these written words.

Mucho Love,

Vicky xoxo

“I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self respect. And it's these things I'd believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn't all she should be. I love her and it is the beginning of everything.” 
― F. Scott Fitzgerald

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” 
― Mae West

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.” 
― Cicero

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” 
― Maya Angelou

“As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” 
― John Green,

“I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't.” 
― Marilyn Monroe


“There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” 

― Jane Austen,

“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” 
― E.E. Cummings

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” 
― Friedrich Nietzsche,

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” 
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.” 
― Virginia Woolf,

“There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.” 
― Sarah Dessen,

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” 
― Douglas Adams,

“My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.” 
― John Green,

“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” 
― Audrey Hepburn

“The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.” 
― Chuck Palahniuk

“Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” 
― Roald Dahl

“the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.” 
― Jack Kerouac


“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” 
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.” 
― Zelda Fitzgerald


“You cannot find peace by avoiding life.” 
― Virginia Woolf

“I hope she'll be a fool -- that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.” 
― F. Scott Fitzgerald

My great miseries in this world have been Heathcliff's miseries, and I watched and felt each from the beginning: my great thought in living is himself. If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it. My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind: not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself, but as my own being.” 
― Emily Brontë



Post a Comment